Letterboxing Stats for The Ws

Thursday, April 29, 2010

One Year - Bloomsday Take Two

A year ago I headed across the gorge to the beautiful Walla Wall countryside to join my SIL at Bloomsday in Spokane. I had the best weekend. It started as a little thing. Could I really walk an event? Should I even go. Jim had just been laid off... With Cindy's encouragement I took off by myself. Did two incredible hikes in the gorge along the way. On Sunday we ran and walked Bloomsday. It took me One hour and 51 minutes to do the 12K event.

This year I am aiming for less than One hour and thirty minutes. I am looking forward to the same super fun girls weekend.

I am hoping my knee will cooperate. I have taken things really slow this week - a stomach bug will do that to you anyway...after 17 miles last weekend, the pain was pretty intense. Today I did a test run and it is still sore after just a few miles. I can hope for a good run, but will be very happy with a great walk too.

A year later I weigh 80 pounds less. I have walked and ran some great events. It's truly wonderful what this fitness thing has done for me.

Looking forward to hanging with over 50,000 other people all loving the same thing.

Pictures when I return!

0 comments:

Post a Comment