Letterboxing Stats for The Ws

Sunday, March 28, 2010

17.6 Miles

Yesterday was the first really long run for me. I always feel good up to 15 miles and then have to mentally work out anything over that.

I started about eight in the morning. It was still cold, but it warmed up nicely to be the best running/walking weather yet. I finished in a little under 3.5 hours. My first and last mile were all warm up and cool down with walking. My actual running pace was 11:39 per mile. A pretty significant improvement for me. I actually did 13.1 in 2:32, which cuts about 20 minutes off of my best half rate to date. I'm never going to be fast, but I do like to see the improvement.

What I don't like is how sore I am. I thought I had conditioned better than this, but am feeling a lot of muscle soreness in my thighs. Yes - I really do need to start a weight training regime, to get better core strength. It's just that those things are so intimidating to me.

We did purchase a spin bike and I am absolutely loving it. I lovewhen you find great deals on Craigslist. I am getting caught up on all of my favorite shows, while sweating like crazy and getting in the almost perfect cross training exercise. Even without weights, my thighs and the rest of my legs should continue to build strength.

I am glad that next week is a short run - just eight miles. I don't think I could muster up much enthusiasm for another 17-18 miles. That really will be all the way to Monroe.

Today is easter egg dyeing day and basket getting ready day.

DC Update - we have our flights scheduled and our hotel booked. ACS is doing a coin drive to help raise funds. We are very grateful for their desire to help us fund this trip. We have our tickets to visit the Capitol building first thing Friday morning. From there we have a great list of things to do from Miss Edleman. She's been taking the 7th and 8th graders to DC for many years. We are very excited to be making this trip and very proud of Jessica.

1 comments:

Amber said...

I read that article it's so cool! Have you watched the documentary on spelling bees yet? I forget what it's called but it's really interesting. Good job on the run!

Post a Comment